Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Draggin' Arse

Well I put off writing this up as I'm not really that happy with the result for Sunday. I registered a big fat DNF. It seems my body was happy to be pushed hard for one day, but due to cold I have got I just couldn't recover properly for Sundays stage.
All up for the day I rode about 100k (to and from the race, and a bit of the stage) so I did get some quality riding in. This week is about turning the legs over to get the miles in, and shaking off this cold. I'm feeling quite a bit better today so it's on it's way out.
Saturday is a handicap race at Cootamundra. Given my lack of road racing and general poor showing I might actually get put off a reasonable mark and not scratch for once.
Sunday is a bit of MTB riding, after I have given the wife a lie in and breakfast in bed (Mother's Day).
On a side note it looks as though the house is sorted from our end. A price has been agreed and now the lawyers and the bank are away doing their thing. To be honest it's gone really smoothly and painlessly compared to some of the horror stories ypu hear.

4 comments:

  1. were does the coota race go? is it the one that goes through young (my home town) enjoy the rolling hills...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starts at Coota, over stock hill heads towards Stockinbingal, right to Wallendbeen and then back to Coota. About 70ish km's

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you see the deer park on ya right going back to coota launch ya attack....over the hill down to the flat and straight back into town..
    looking 4ward to the result..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow mate! CU @ Stromlo on Sunday for a spin down ;)

    ReplyDelete