Thursday, January 29, 2009

I hate summer....no really I do!

Today sucked. There's no other way to describe it.
Rode to work, when I got there found the lifts weren't working so couldn't go down and get my gear and have a shower before 8.00am I don't know about you but I hate being hot, sweaty and in riding gear. I can't think of anything worse, it just feels disgusting and is one of the reasons I don't do coffee shop rides I hate sitting around in riding kit. So I had to ring the wife to bring some spare gear to get changed into eventually.
Last night they cleaned the carpets at work. When I opened up this morning the carpets were still damp (can't open the windows, Boss thought it was funny when I mentioned suicide proofing the office) and the air conditioning had shut down. It smelt like wet dog, there is no better way t describe it then that.
I eventually got changed and had a shower by about 9.30 but the lifts still aren't working and air con is still down.
The temps in the office hovered around 32° all day, we ended up pulling the pin at 2.00pm and coming home. The intention was to ride but because of the heat it was just stupid. The temperature gauge on the car was reading 45° when we cracked it open.
I think this is the hottest is been since we moved over, I can remember the temps being a steady 40° then during the summer. Anyway enough ranting for today.
Received the front brake caliper in the post plus the bleed kits. Also got an email that the rest of kit I ordered should be here next Wednesday.
Tried doing my first UST conversion using a non-UST tire... not working at the moment. I think I will have to get the proper DT-Swiss kit to make it work. Just reading the instructions on the no-tubes site the beads are too loose and not sealing, so it's going to need more rim tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment