Monday, January 26, 2009

Ribs, Pain, Suffering and Misery

Well this past week has been all about pain management...namely my ribs. I got in a couple of decent road rides (2+hrs) and a mtb ride today. Other then that its been all about trying to workout what I can and can't do at the moment so as not to aggrevate my ribs.
I think they are closer to cracked then bruised, they really haven't gotten any better in fact there were a couple of days there where they felt worse. So the training plan has been changed from alternating days with intervals to SST (Sweet Spot Training). I can manage steady state at the moment but any thing that strains the breathing too much is just painful.
I have two full weeks until the first 8hr race. Depending on how things go will dictate whether I,

a)Enter,
b)Enter for training
c)Or enter to place

It also gives me a bit more time to get the dually back up and running. This has been a side project since about November. I have slowly been getting the parts together
  • Fork (Magura Durin SL)
  • Brakes/ Shifters (XTR 960)
  • Cranks (XTR 970)

I'm still waiting on a front post-mount caliper (from Parker) and some small bits and pieces (from CRC) to finish the build. Will hopefully post pic's when its finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment