Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Review- Nuun Hydration



Intro



Thought I would give these a bit of a review after having used them for about a week now. Overall I am happy with them, I scored them for $au10 per tube. Each tube contains 12 tablets which make 6 litres (500ml per tablet). Are now making a larger tablet for 750ml bottles as well.
When dropped into a bottle of water they fizz up somewhat like berocca. They take about 2mins to dissolve completely.

Lemon-lime

This was the first flavour I tired, initally it tasted a bit gritty in the mouth but not unpleasent. It is not sweet and has an epervesent feeling in the back of the throat. As I found out last week if your bottles heat up (ala' 40° day) you can still drink it without gagging.
My 15 month old son also seems to like this flavour, as he scoffed the dregs from one of my bottles yesterday after I got home from a ride.

Tri-Berry

This is my personal favourite goes down well, has a fizzy taste in the back of the throat and is slightly sweeter than the lemon-lime flavour.

Kona Cola

Tried this Sunday and didn't think much off it. This flavour has added caffine for kick as well as the usual minerals and salts. It just has a really bland taste and not really like cola.
I gave some to my wife, and she thinks it tastes like flat cola so it may just be me.

Summary

Overall I have found these to be a good source of hydration, not too expensive, portable and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment