Thursday, February 19, 2009

Delayed

Well had a message left on my cellphone late yesterday from the bikeshop, "Hi it's Shopmonkey A*,.... blah....blah please call. Haven't ordered your rim, problem understanding your order. Blah blah have a nice day" Now when I went in, I made sure that there would be no problems. I spelt everything out, Stan's Arch Rim, 26" 32h. I can't make it any easier to order than that.After hearing this it's a good thing I don't own a cat, as I probably would have kicked it!

Anyway after calming down over night and eventually getting hold of Shopmonkey A*, I find out that there are no rim's left in the country and it will be a week and half to get some in.It's probably a good thing I didn't rip in them straight off the bat as English isn't the shopmonkey's* third language.

So it's looking like I won't have this in my hot sweaty little hands until the 8hrs at Yellowmundi....if I'm lucky


* = The name of all shopmonkeys have been changed so I don't get sued!


Dropping like flies



Seems over the past week a couple of the contenders for the race this weekend have meet with accidents. John Claxton had an over the handlebars moment at the 6hr enduro in Victoria on Sunday. And James Williamson decided to fall down an embankment and break a collarbone.
Hope the two of them heal up quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment