Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not good for your lungs or bike



One of the parting comments after finishing the Nowra 8hr was how bad the dust was and how it had stuck to everything.

Me somewhere later in the race, notice the grime.
Copyright Kelvin

During the race my rear shock never felt right and while I had a fiddle with the rebound it just wasn't happening. So after the 8hr I sent it back to Dirtworks for them to have a look at and they discovered something like this...



The oil in the shock was black and used as though it hadn't been serviced for a couple of years, not 3 months ago. Also it was in a sealed portion of the shock this crap shouldn't have been able to get to.

So Dirtworks are going to re-service the shock as in there opinion something weird has happened to it and I a bit happier knowing that it wasn't me making things up because I was tired and getting sloppy during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment