Monday, May 31, 2010

The Damage Toll

Well Saturday was Capital Punishment...and well boy did me & the bike get punished here are a couple of photos till I can get my head together to right a full report of the torture session.

Brake Pads. Swiss Stop Formula Oro. As you can see I pushed them way past where a maybe a more sensible person would stop. Note the middle one has half the backing gone!


Pile of dead parts. Rear derailleur, chain, and bottom bracket. Rear derailleur was half dead anyway so not crying over that.


Note the teeth on the bottom pulley...maybe this is why the shifting sucked?

Current damage bill $300....
-rear dearailleur
-bottom bracket
-chain
-new cables
-new brake pads

Thank god I do all my own repairs. Otherwise I think there would be another $80-$100 for labour on top of that!

8 comments:

  1. I know the feeling!
    New bearings all round.
    New Cables.
    New Derailleur Pulleys.
    Fork rebuild.
    New Saddle.
    Hoping that chain, cassette and chainrings are adequate for at least another couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot the brakes pads....
    and how did you manage to kill a saddle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll extend you the same sympathy you gave me after the M2B when I believe you called me "an idiot" and point out that some of us drove home from the start line on Saturday as it was obviously going to be a $500 day... enjoy! (revenge is a sweet sweet mistress ;) hehe)

    At least it's a good excuse to get some new fancier parts hey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you did was at the idiot end of the scale...this is midway ;)
    I had alot of the parts as spares anyway except the rear derailleur

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, you are better than the rest of us afterall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rode a dually as a single speed what do you expect me to say????

    ReplyDelete
  7. What bottom bracket is that...ISIS?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup... shittiest design ever!

    ReplyDelete