Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time to write something...

Well it has been a week or so since I posted something up so here goes.
Firstly I last wrote that I was going to ride the CORC 3hr...well I went to the race, arrived and found the front tire had exploded on the way there with a tear in the side wall. The damage was such that I couldn't repair it in time. So I ended up going for 1.5hr for nothing. To say that I wasn't in the best of moods after was an understatement...good thing I don't own a cat.

The training in the lead up to the Real MTB Cruise went well given the weather and lack of racing. But come race day I felt like sh!t, with no warm up (who warms up for a 100miler?) we were off. And straight away I felt like I was riding with the brakes on. So I just tried to chill and get a rhythm going...but things only went downhill from here.
After 2 laps the clamp on by seatpost gave out such that the saddle would end up pointing up about 20 degrees after every lap. So I persevered for another two laps before 2 spokes broke in the rear wheel and it went out of true.
At this stage I just cracked it mentally.
I still ended up with 120k for the day, and a good beating for my troubles.

So I've bought a new seatpost and the LBS is re-building the rear wheel, so I'm a bit happier.

On tap for the weekend is a smashfest with Big Jase on Saturday. We have a mini-Fitz Challenge lined up so it will probably be 3000m of climbing for the day.
Sunday I'm hoping to get out on the hardtail for some fire road action...but this will be dependent on recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment