Monday, March 22, 2010

Lucky Lottery Ticket


Like all the other 4,000 punters I was queued on the inter-webs at 9.00am furiously hitting the refresh button to crash the AROC server.
By 9.30am I had a confirmation email.
By 11.30am I had found out we are now in a lottery system for entry to the Capital Punishment 100k.
While I'm not that upset, it hasn't cost me any time nor money yet, over on Rotorburn there are a number of people who have now taken two mornings off work to try and enter for this race and are out a bit of coin and I have to say I feel for them.

The other point that has started to rip my undies is the way in which race entries are creeping up. Coming from a road background I am used to races cost $30-$50 to enter for a 80-160k race. However over the past year I have noticed that entries into alot of the major marathon races have started to creep up. Basically it was $100 for 100k about a year ago but I think that Capital Punishment is setting the new benchmark at $130. Once one promoter moves the bar the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment