Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quiet Weekend...going to be a busy week

Well it turned out to be a quiet weekend after life got in the way of my plans for the weekend... Woke up yesterday looked at the temperature outside, -4 and went "Screw this I'm going back to bed and not riding in this till it at least reaches 0!" So I ended up going for a couple of laps around Stromlo at about lunchtime with a balmy temperature of 10ish. I got the Magura forks back this previous week and threw them in the El Salt to get them dialled. So all up 3hrs for Saturday and alot more fun then riding in freezing conditions.
I was supposed to go race the 6hr at Nowra today, but the wofe made plans with friends so the use of the car was out for the day. So another few laps of Stromlo. I tried picking a few of the trails I haven't ridden before to get a better understanding of all that's on offer. It's all to easy when you have great local tracks to just do the same loops over and over again till your just sick of the place. So I've started to mix it up a bit.

The Week Ahead
I'm off to Braidwood or as I like to call it "the second circle of hell" tomorrow for the week to do more culvert inspections for the RTA. So no riding for me for the week till I get back. I have a couple of giant rides planned for next weekend to compensate for the lack of riding. I should say it's never good to try and do this type of training unless you absolutely have to as it just trashes your body trying to compensate for the overload for the next 3-4 days.

Shout out
Shout out goes to Big Jase and Kevin Wells who are both off to the 24hr of Adrenalin in Canada. Jason managed to crack a bone in his wrist 2 days before leaving and will be racing in a cast for the event. I'm just thinking this will give his competitors a fairer shot at the title ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment