Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Catch up

Well I got a bit of training in over the weekend. 5.5hrs on Saturday that consisted of the Bakery Bunch, a long loop home including a climb to the top of Corin.
Sunday was bit of ramble on the MTB through the fire roads in the foothills of the Brindabella's. Again it turn into a good 5.5hr ride for the day.
Come Monday all that good training was starting to catch up with the legs and it's been a steady downhill slide till today when I cracked and bought the ute home from work rather that ride the 1.5hrs from site.
Hopefully with the two easy days this week I should be able to keep up a high work rate for the rest of the week. The plan was to go and ride the WWS 8hr at Nowra but given that no one is even still sure if it's on it's looking like another play day on the HT through the mountains again.

New Gear

Have got a couple of new bits of kit in over the last couple of weeks.

The first is one of these, a Suunto Core watch. They have a fancy name something like an "outdoor advisor" but it's a watch with a number of cool functions. The best being the altitude/ barometer. It's great for tracking all the climbing I do during training


The next bit of kit was a new pair of MTB shoes. I have using Sidi Dragon for the last 9 months and to be honest haven't been that impressed with them compaired to their road shoes. So I found a cheap pair of Lake CX401's on ebay to try.
After reading the instructions I spent last Saturday night cooking my shoes in the oven for 5 minutes to heat mould them before the ride on Sunday.
The fit of the shoes is quite wide in the toe box with no pressure points due to the Boa lacing. After the ride on Sunday I'm giving them the thumbs up very comfortable and you don't notice your even wearing them.

The final item was a new tire a Continental Race King 2.0 UST. To as I was underwhelmed would put it mildly...one ride and it's off the bike again.

No comments:

Post a Comment