Sunday, June 21, 2009

A drop of the old red

Well I was supposed to be riding the 8hr at Appin today, but pulled the plug on it earlier in the week due to a combination of factors. The first being El Salt is still in pieces in the garage while the forks are being serviced. I am not going to try to do another 8hr on a HT. The second reason is the weather. They have had bucket loads of rain further north and with this course being standstone based if waters added it's just going to kill your drivetrain.
Yesterday was a hit out with the bakery bunch, and the weather was alot warmer then it's been the last couple of weeks...balmy even.
Today I was supposed to go and play with one of my new toys but it rained. I think I've gotten a bit soft liking here in Canberra. It doesn't rain much, and I just can't be arsed forcing myself to go training in it when it does. I will race, but no training.
Works be giving me the $hits still at the moment with our continued restructure so the motivation to train has been a bit off, as it normally is when you have bigger things on your mind.....
On to something brighter, I drink a bit of red wine (especially during the winter) and I have seen this brand at the local bottle store for a while so thought I might give it a go. If for no other reason the brand name.

4 comments:

  1. smart move on missin appin i did 6laps(3man) in a good day with the boys. it was enough... on a ht would of been so brutal, it was real sandy or extra slimey on the clay 14laps won solo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably about 2 laps out of my reach. Good work on 6 laps... now go show you bike a bit of love, as I suspect that it needs it after being brutalized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup... new rims new front hub new chain cassette front chain rings, new tyres..:) pics on friday.

    ReplyDelete