Thursday, January 21, 2010

Super Sofa


This is Part II of my review of my Push tuned rear shock.

When I first got my El Salt I described it as being as comfortable as a big sofa to ride. Well I can now say that it's the "Super Sofa".
When I sent the rear shock off to Dirtworks I asked them to tune 2 things,
-The pro pedal settings for my weight (These just weren't working, it was like the three bears with 2 settings too firm and the other too soft)
-The stock rebound speeds (At times the back end felt sluggish even with the rebound dampening switched off)

So testing these two tweaks yesterday through Stromlo and yes it's now riding like I want. The rear is a bit more responsive and "race like" in feel but still having the same level of comfort.

Riding Pork Barrel, I had forgotten how much more fun a dually was through the rough stuff. The shock was using all it's travel yet not bottoming out.

So my recommendation is that it is worth considering having your rear suspension "pushed" if,

1) Your a picky b@stard

2) You are not happy with how your bike is performing and can't adjust it out using rebound/ air pressure

3) Have to service your shock anyway ($350 vs $150-$200)

2 comments:

  1. Probably the best investment for my Titus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are supposed to start pushing Rockshox next month so have to scrap the coin together to get 2x forks done.... If they turn out like this then it will be money well spent

    ReplyDelete