Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MTB Quadrant Analysis



So continuing on from yesterday, today I have posted up a quadrant plot from a MTB ride. What we will do is compare it to yesterday's road ride.


- The general shape of the plot (a tight elipse, but there are alot of seemingly random outliers)
- The direction of the shape (low right to top left, but the major axis is steeper than yesterday and closer to the my self selected average cadence)
- Where the outliers are sitting (Again the majority are Quadrant 2- High force, low cadence)
- What the percentages are in each quadrant (This is very important, note the amount of time spent in quadrant 1)

Tomorrow I will post up what I have gleened so far from usin this tool.
Feel free to post up questions if you have any.

1 comment:

  1. And so, the result is? I imagine it might be "road is not the best training for MTB", but if that's the case, why do we all train on the road? ;)

    Well that's the thing I pondered when I looked into Quadrant stuff last year.
    http://wickedrides.com.au/blog/?q=node/121

    I look forward to your conclusion/opinion...

    ReplyDelete