Friday, April 3, 2009

Update From NZ

Well have been in New Zealand for a couple of days now and am over it already. It doesn't take long to get around all the old haunts and catch up with people...then I get bored!
The flight over was interesting, the wife used the term "explosive nappy (A nappy that has leaked out the sides)" to a stewardess and I thought we were going to get arrested! The look on her face was like you have got a bomb. So some quick talking by me and intervention from another hostess got things resolved, meanwhile my wife had no idea what she had done!
Harassed by customs and quarantine on the way through about the cleanliness of my bike, so they took my wheels and seat away and "washed and scrubbed" them. Funny thing was that the next day when I has a look at them they still had the ingrained dirt in them.
Been for a couple of rides through the scenic reserve near where I am staying. Nothing technical but good to get out for a couple of hours each day. Body still isn't back to normal, still feel drained and a bit tired from the weekends bout of whatever it was. Weathers been cols and crisp, cooler even then Canberra!

1 comment:

  1. haha, gold star for using the word explosive on a plane :D LOL

    if you think customs are anal there, wait until you come back through Sydney. Clean you bike with a toothbrush. When come back from Canada I am throwing out the tyres in Canada before we board this time. Last time we got a written warning for small amounts of dirt on the tyres.

    ReplyDelete