Friday, April 10, 2009

Toys from NZ

Well I picked up a couple of things while I was in NZ. The first was a new helmet, a Bell Volt. I first used a Bell a few years ago and it was one of the best fitting helmets I have used. I find Giro's are the wrong shape, and specialized are a better fit. However my biggest problem is sweat. I find that for me most helmets leak sweat from the pads that then crust up my glasses. In summer it can get to the point I have to take them off because I can't see. Bell helmets have the best pad material around so I have gone back to them.


Bell Volt (Side on)


Bell Volt (Front on)

The other items were these,



The Stan's Raven tires I had an entry about a while ago. There is a story about these, they were sent to Australia, didn't get delivered (Thanks Australia Post!). Got sent back to New Zealand, where they arrived back at their original location, then I had them sent down to my parent's place while I was over there....only took 3 months to get 'em. Have to mount them up and try them....thinking the club race at Stromlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment