Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In the Post


Maxxis Medusa's 1.55

In all the pre-Husky race talk about rain, I decided I needed to add some mud tires to the arsenal as I didn't have anything. So 5 days before the event I started ringing around shops trying to find out who had what in stock.

Well from all my ringing around I concluded this was most of the importers idea on the subject, "We don't need mud tires because it doesn't rain enough". No one had anything in stock. BikeCorp don't bring the medusa into the country anymore, the distributor for Michelin don't have any in stock, and pretty much the same from the other importers.

Well given the recent conditions at the the Sydney 24hr, Threadbo national round, and conditions at Nowra on Sunday I think they need to re-think their idea.

So I placed a rush order with CRC and paid extra for UPS express shipping to try to get it here by the Friday. As things would have it.. it all turned to sh!t given time differences and the tires eventually turned up today.

So I am now the owner of a set of mud tires, now I just need a race to try them out in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment