Friday, February 19, 2010

Fat a$$

Now I may not yet be fully back at racing weight as yet but I didn't think my a$$ was fat enough to do this.



The rails on my beloved Fizik Aliante have cracked through I suspect a combination of my saddle position on the rails (slammed right back) using a thomson seatpost, and overtightening of the bolts on the seatpost.

So after discovering the cracks I went on the hunt for a new saddle and managed to snag one of these.






A Prologo Scratch Pro TR. These are produced in limited numbers for sponsered pro riders to their specs. A first glance the saddle isn't overly light but it is under the 250gm mark.

Having fitted it up and ridden it, I can say it is comfortable but the padding is on the firm side.

On tap is a 5hr+ ride tomorrow so that will the real test.

2 comments:

  1. Were you cruising up Mt McDonald this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I went past the turn but didn't go up. I went up Corin but that's not your neck of the woods....

    ReplyDelete