Friday, December 18, 2009

The rumors of my demise are.....

Haven't posted up in the last couple of weeks so here is a quick update.
Things since probably the Fling back in early November have been a bit downhill. I had reached my final goal race for the year, but hadn't really programmed in a break so I have kept plugging along and the training just kept getting more sporadic till I finally pulled the pin two weeks ago and had a full week off with no riding.

It's been a long while now since I had a proper break and having a full week of no training was great for the head and the body. I'm now back at it slowly building up for next year. I did the WSMTB 4hr a couple of weeks ago which was my first night race. Great fun, good course, and I have to admit I really like riding at night!

Last weekend I didn't do either the club XC or SCUM's end of year race as my head still wasn't quite back in it yet, but that's it for the year...no more races.

Looking to next year, the first race up will be the next WSMTB 4hr in mid-January, then the gut-busting Alpine Classic down in Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment