Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Down with the sickness

And not the Disturbed song either.

It seems I have managed to pick up a cold either from wee man's playmates at daycare or because we now have ducted air conditioning at home. I haven't decided which and it probably doesn't matter much.
The easing back into training is coming along well with a large block planned over xmas as I'm flying solo. Wifey and wee man are off to visit the outlaws back in NZ and I have opted to stay home alone.

One the training front I have been haunting Stromlo over the last 3 weeks and laps have been going well. The only problem is by riding early I miss running into any snakes however, I seem to catch the Kangaroos having their morning latte mid trail.
There have been a couple of times where I have ripped through a corner to find a couple just standing there not wanting to move. This morning there was one huge brown male(?) that just wasn't going to budge. He just stood there eyeing me up and I really didn't want to get within striking distance of his legs so we had a 20 second stand off before he got bored and casually hopped off the trail....point made I guess.

As I mentioned last time there is no racing over the xmas period so it's going to be all 4-6hr endurance rides scoping out the Brindies. I haven't been on the hardtail recently so I'll be getting reacquainted with that.

Suspension
Have been playing around with the suspension on the El Salt, and have the rear tuned but I cracked it with the Fox forks. I have been trying to get these things running properly for the last couple of months and it just hasn't happened. So I ripped them of the bike last Thursday and threw on a set of Rockshox Reba's I had sitting there. The tuning setup is just night and day between the two. In two rides I have nailed down the settings and am finally happy!!!


WKO

Other news, TrainingPeaks have released version 3.0 of WKO. And they have added a couple of very cool features. The first is quadrant analysis and second is range analysis. Now that the boundaries of training load management have been pushed out, the guys on the bleeding edge of power analysis are starting to look at the neuro-muscular demands of training/ racing. So expect over the next few months to see some posts from me showing exactly what it takes from an endurance MTB POV.

No comments:

Post a Comment