Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Highs and Lows

Well Saturday didn't go according to plan. I posted a DNF for the race, but new PB's for 1min and 5min. The race was held from Tharwa to Apollo Road and return with four laps in total. The first time over Mt Tennant I hit 664w for 1 minute

and 389w (481w normalised) for 5 minutes.

I managed to get off the front once back on the flat with a bike shed rider... we worked to stayaway for about 18k, before being reeling back in just after the top of Mt Tennant for the second time. I drifted to the back and tried to recover before we went back over Mt Tennant again.
The third time up, my legs exploded and I called it a day with nothing on the line (My still registered with a Sydney club). Initally I was a bit bummed till I looked at the file and saw the number and magnitude of the efforts I made during the race.
I didn't end up racing the TT on the Sunday due to lack of motivation, with this week being about training.

The Unexpected
Got the call today from my Mum, seems my Nana is on deaths door so I may be making a trip back to NZ for the funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment